Terms of Service | TSL Notes
- TSL Notes (the “Service”) is a joint venture operated in partnership between The Script Lab and Coverfly LLC, a California limited liability company, (together, “the Partners”).
- By accepting these Terms of Service (the “Terms”) or using the Service, you (the “User”) are agreeing to a contract and binding yourself to it with a virtual signature that is valid in the court of law.
- The Partners make no claim to the User’s work (the “Work”). The User’s submission gives the Partners and the Partners’ professional analysts (the “Reader” or “Readers”) the right to read and critique the User’s Work, but gives the Partners no right or ownership of any ideas, characters, plot, themes, tones, settings, etc.
- The Partners’ synopses, critiques, suggestions, and any and all Services performed for the User on the User’s Work is subjective. Any missing plot points, characters, ideas, themes, tones, settings, etc., from our analysis is not indicative of a lack of detailed reading.
- The Partners are not expected to know of any source material, facts, theories, or historical data that the Work may depend upon. A lack of knowledge of such material does not deem a Reader’s analysis invalid. It does not give the User the right to demand a refund or a re-read.
- It is the User’s responsibility to correctly identify the Service package type and the page count so that the correct cost is calculated. Any discrepancies will be the sole responsibility of the User and not that of the Partners.
- If the User fraudulently denies a charge from the Partners to the User’s credit card company after the User received the Partners’ services or products, the Partners will file any and all applicable criminal charges against the User and pursue the matter immediately in a court of law.
- The Partners will never distribute any of the User’s Work, whole or in part, to any third party.
- The Partners are not responsible for maintaining your Work, whole or in part. The User must retain a master copy of any PDF or editing file of the Work submitted to the Partners.
- The Partners’ turn-around time for the Service is a goal but not a guarantee, and failure to meet the deadline does not warrant a refund. The Service provided by the Partners is not considered invalid or incomplete because of a delay for any reason.
- The User expressly understands and agrees that the Partners and its employees, partners, and any other related entity shall not be liable for any indirect or direct, tangible or intangible loses or damages resulting from any use of the Service or inability to use the Service, costs, real or opportunity, or any matters whatsoever relating to the Service.
- The User acknowledges that the Partners regularly receive submissions of ideas, characters, plot, themes, tones, settings, etc., and many of these submissions that have been received to date and will be received in the future will be similar, if not identical, to the User’s Work in ideas, characters, plot, themes, tones, settings, etc. The User therefore will not hold the Partners or any Readers, employees, partners or other related agents responsible for any similar or identical work that may or may not come to fruition before, during, or after the analysis of the User’s Work from any venue or in any form.
- The User acknowledges that no verbal, secret, or confidential relationship exists between the User and the Partners. No such arrangement would nullify any points of these Terms.
- The Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of California, without giving effect to conflicts-of-law principles thereof. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles County in the State of California with respect to any legal proceedings that may arise in connection with the Service or from a dispute as to the interpretation or breach of the Terms. YOU HEREBY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IN ANY COURT ACTION ARISING BETWEEN US, WHETHER UNDER THESE TERMS OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO THE SERVICE, AND WHETHER MADE BY CLAIM, COUNTERCLAIM, THIRD PARTY CLAIM OR OTHERWISE.
- The Partners reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time for any reason whatsoever. The latest Terms are always accessible online at http://184.108.40.206/tos or by emailing email@example.com.
These Terms were last updated on September 1, 2016.